Using a proven pedagogical organization, this updated Fifth Edition of Gladwin and Bagby’s market-leading title focuses on providing students with a dental materials background that emphasizes the clinical aspects of dental materials, while also introducing concepts of materials science.
The book’s three-part structure addresses types of dental materials in the 22 chapters of Part I, includes laboratory and clinical applications (essentially a built-in lab manual) in Part II, and presents 11 case studies in Part III that serve as an overall review and help students strengthen their critical thinking skills when providing patient care.
Up-to-date content that reflects the latest advances in dental materials, clinical photos, review questions, and online videos all combine to help students develop the understanding of dental materials they need for successful dental hygiene practice.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer ۲۴/۷ access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- New topics include bonding, ceramics, and an additional air polishing powder, while coverage of in-office and take-home whitening agents and instrument care and technology has been updated.
- TwoNEW case studies emphasize the pediatric dental patient and the diabetic patient. As with all the case studies, each integrates dental materials with dental hygiene practice.
- Tear-out, Skill Evaluation sheets enable students and faculty to assess laboratory and clinical competencies that relate to Part II of the text.
- Tips for the Clinician boxes offer advice so that the best results are achieved.
- Precaution boxes promote safety while working with the materials.
- Student learning aids, including chapter objectives, key words and phrases, summaries, learning activities, review questions, online videos and quizzes, and an appendix of answers and justifications to the review questions all help the student to master the material.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Materials Science and Dentistry
Chapter 3 Physical and Mechanical Properties of Dental Materials
Chapter 4 Adhesive Materials
Chapter 5 Direct Polymeric Restorative Materials
Chapter 6 Amalgam
Chapter 7 Dental Cements
Chapter 8 Impression Materials
Chapter 9 Gypsum Materials
Chapter 10 Materials for Fixed Indirect Restorations and Prostheses
Chapter 11 Removable Prostheses and Acrylic Resins
Chapter 12 Dental Implants
Chapter 13 Specialty Materials
Chapter 14 Clinical Detection and Management of Dental Restorative Materials during Scaling and Polishing
Chapter 15 Radiographic Appearance of Dental Tissues and Materials
Chapter 16 Polishing Materials and Abrasion
Chapter 17 Tooth Whitening
Chapter 18 Oral Appliances
Chapter 19 Instruments as Dental Materials— Care and Maintenance
Chapter 20 Infection Control and Safety in the Dental Office
Chapter 21 Disinfection of Impressions, Denturesr and Other Appliances and Materials
Chapter 22 General Rules for Handling Dental Materials
Chapter 23 Mixing Linersr Basesr and Cements
Chapter 24 Application and Removal of the Rubber Dam
Chapter 25 Pit and Fissure Sealants
Chapter 26 Amalgam Placement, Carving, Finishing, and Polishing
Chapter 27 Taking Alginate Impressions
Chapter 28 Fabrication and Trimming of Study Models
Chapter 29 Fabrication of a Custom Impression Tray
Chapter 30 Elastomeric Impressions
Chapter 31 Vital Tooth Whitening Procedures
Chapter 32 Debonding Orthodontic Resins
Chapter 33 Placement of the Periodontal Dressing
Chapter 34 Removal of the Periodontal Dressing and Sutures
Chapter 35 Temporary Crowns
Chapter 36 Composite Finishing and Polishing
Chapter 37 Tips for the New Hygienist
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=93222
نویسنده : Marcia Gladwin , Michael Bagby
ناشر : LWW; Fifth, North American edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF + ePUB (نسخه تبدیلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1251
(ISBN) شابک : 1496360087
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $81.99
حجم فایل : 215 MB