The leading medical-surgical text for LPN/LVN students, Linton’s Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 6th Edition offers just the right level of information to equip today’s students to effectively care for adults and older adults. Covering both medical-surgical and psychiatric mental health conditions and disorders, this comprehensive text addresses the LPN/LVN’s role in a variety of care settings, including acute care and long-term care, with a special emphasis on assignment and supervision responsibilities. It also emphasizes culturally competent care and holistic nursing, while thoroughly covering all relevant NCLEX-PN test plan content No other resource offers the breadth of topics at a level that is so perfectly tailored to the LPN/LVN student.
- Foundational units on basic concepts related to the health care system, care settings, the nursing process, leadership, nutrition, the older adult, growth and nutrition, legal/ethical considerations, evidence-based nursing care, and many more essential topics, avoid repetition later in the text and create a foundation to build your understanding of disorders by body system.
- Safety alerts are highlighted throughout the text with a Safety Considerations icon.
- A separate unit on psychiatric mental health nursing covers psychosocial responses to illness, psychiatric disorders, and substance abuse – eliminating the need for a separate psychiatric mental health nursing text.
- Content related to the NCLEX-PN test plan is emphasized throughout the text, including health promotion, nutrition, legal/ethical issues, HIPAA, and prevention of medication/medical errors.
- Separate chapters on common, high-profile disorders (including hypertension, diabetes, and shock), provide an in-depth understanding for patient care.
- Focus onassignment and supervision helps you assign tasks to nurse assistants, patient care techs, and unlicensed assistive personnel, and makes sure they understand the difference between delegation, management, supervision, and assignment of tasks on the health care team.
- UNIQUE!In-depth pharmacology coverage includes: the Pharmacology Tutorial covering drug classifications, how drugs work, and nursing responsibilities; Pharmacology Capsules boxes providing medication information, precautions for use, interactions, and side/adverse effects; and Pharmacology and Medications tables including classification, use/action, side/adverse effects, and nursing interventions.
- A separate unit on gerontologic nursing provides comprehensive coverage of the care of the older adult and related disorders. No other LPN/LVN med-surg text offers as much coverage of this primary patient group.
- Diagnostic Tests and Procedures tables offer quick reference to MRI, CT, Doppler flow, lumbar puncture tests for neurologic disorders, and much more.
- Health Promotion Considerations boxes highlight timely wellness and disease prevention topics.
- Patient Teaching Plans provide bulleted lists of nursing instructions for patients, stressing the role and responsibility of the LPN/LVN to reinforce patient education.
- Nutrition Considerations boxes are spotlighted at appropriate points throughout the text to emphasize the role that nutrition plays in disease and nursing care.
- Nursing care plans reinforce the nursing process and focus on critical thinking.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss the importance of providing culturally-competent care related to various clinical situations.
- Put on Your Thinking Cap boxes allow you to pause and consider the practical implications of what you have just read.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX-PN Examination! sections at the end of chapters include key points, review questions, and case studies that address the various NCLEX Client Needs categories.
- NEW! Continued emphasis on evidence-based practice and the most current research findings include specific examples of how scientific evidence can justify and support patient care.
- NEW! Updated nursing diagnoses all reflect the most current NANDA listings for NCLEX compliance.
۱ The Health Care System
۲ Nursing in Varied Patient Care Settings
۳ Legal and Ethical Considerations
۴ The Leadership Role of the Licensed Practical Nurse
۵ The Nurse-Patient Relationship
۶ Cultural Aspects of Nursing Care
۷ The Nurse and the Family
۸ Health and Illness
۱۰ Developmental Processes
۱۱ The Older Patient
۱۲ The Nursing Process and Critical Thinking
۱۳ Immunity, Inflammation, and Infection
۱۴ Fluids and Electrolytes
۱۵ Pain Management
۱۶ First Aid, Emergency Care,and Disaster Management
۱۷ Surgical Care
۱۸ Intravenous Therapy
۲۲ Delirium and Dementia
۲۴ Loss, Death,and End-of-Life Care
۲۵ The Patient with Cancer
۲۶ The Patient with an Ostomy
۲۷ Neurologic Disorders
۲۸ Cerebrovascular Accident
۲۹ Spinal Cord Injury
۳۰ Disorders of the Upper Respiratory Tract
۳۱ Acute Disorders of the Lower Respiratory Tract
۳۲ Chronic Disorders of the Lower Respiratory Tract
۳۳ Hematologic Disorders
۳۴ Immunologic Disorders
۳۵ Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
۳۶ Cardiac Disorders
۳۷ Vascular Disorders
۳۹ Upper Digestive Tract Disorders
۴۰ Lower Digestive Tract Disorders
۴۱ Liver, Gallbladder,and Pancreatic Disorders
۴۲ Urologic Disorders
۴۳ Connective Tissue Disorders
۴۶ Pituitary and Adrenal Disorders
۴۷ Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders
۴۸ Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycemia
۴۹ Female Reproductive Disorders
۵۰ Male Reproductive Disorders
۵۱ Sexually Transmitted Infections
۵۲ Skin Disorders
۵۳ Eye and Vision Disorders
۵۴ Ear and Hearing Disorders
۵۵ Psychologic Responses to Illness
۵۶ Psychiatric Disorders
۵۷ Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=32586
نویسنده : Adrianne Dill Linton PhD RN FAAN
ناشر : Saunders; 6 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1411
(ISBN) شابک : 1455776416
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $84.81
حجم فایل : 63 MB