This book is prepared according to new MBBS curriculum. The content has been updated, concise and reshuffled. The content is categorized into two parts, Part A: General Microbiology, Immunology, Hospital Infection Control, and Part B: Systemic Microbiology (Infectious Diseases).
What is new in this edition? This is the only textbook in ‘Clinical Microbiology’ based on infective syndromes, in accordance with the revised competency based MBBS curriculum.
- Divided into two parts—(۱) General Microbiology, Immunology and Hospital Infection Control and (II) Systemic Microbiology.
- Systemic Microbiology (Infectious Diseases)—eight sections, each comprises of a first chapter on clinical infective syndrome followed by several chapters covering detailed information about the etiological agents.
- Chapters on Clinical Infective Syndromes-represent the first chapter of every Systemic Microbiology section; covers various infective syndromes pertaining to that system in detail.
- Parasitology has been Incorporated-obviates the reading of a separate book. Various parasitic infections have been discussed under respective infective syndromes.
- Hospital Infection Control Section—thoroughly updated with the inclusion of new topics such as major HAI types, monitoring of antimicrobial stewardship, escalation vs de-escalation strategy, donning/doffing of PPE and transmission-based precautions.
- General Microbiology Section-meticulously restructured with the inclusion of general virology, general parasitology and general mycology chapters. General bacteriology is reorganized into a single chapter with several subchapters.
- Overview Chapters—incorporated in the General Microbiology section, which will help in better understanding of organisms when discussed under Systemic Microbiology.
- Sterilization and Disinfection Chapter—completely revised based on hospital use of sterilizers and disinfectants; shifted to Hospital Infection Control section.
- COVID-19 Chapter—a completely new chapter has been added covering in detail about the most catastrophic disease, the COVID-19.
- Annexures-expanded to include several new topics such as opportunistic infections, transplant infections, national health programmes for communicable diseases, vector-borne diseases, transfusion-transmitted infections and AETCOM in Microbiology.
- AETCOM Module-added as a new annexure: covers topics pertaining to confidentiality in disclosing laboratory reports and demonstration of respect for patient samples.
- Recent Advances-updates made in laboratory diagnosis, treatment guidelines and vaccine prophylaxis of infectious diseases, of note tuberculosis and HIV.
- Epidemiology Updates on Infectious Diseases Included-recent outbreaks and geographical distribution with special emphasis on Indian epidemiology.
- References followed from Harrison 20th/ed, Mandell 9th/ed, Bailey & Scott’s 14th/ed, CDC and WHO websites and health care programme/guidelines such as ICMR, NCDC, RNTCP, NACO, NVBDCP, IAP Immunization and GPEI, etc.
- Inclusion of more tables, flowcharts, real images and schematic diagrams—for better understanding.
- One weapon, two targets—MBBS exam and PG entrance: Only textbook written in a PG entrance-oriented way so that the matter of textbook does not differ a lot from a PG entrance book (major deficiency with all other Indian UG textbooks).
Most features of the previous editions are maintained-
- More content, less pages—handy look, saves student’s time.
- Concise, bulleted format and to-the-point text-easy to read during MBBS examination.
- Simple and lucid language makes the understanding easy.
- Separate boxes for summary of laboratory diagnosis and treatment-for quick review
- Clinical case-based essay questions and MCQs incorporated at the end of each chapter.
Section 1: General Microbiology
Section 2: Immunology
Section 3: Hospital Infection Control
Section 4: Bloodstream and Cardiovascular System Infections
Section 5: Gastrointestinal Infections
Section 6: Hepatobiliary System Infections
Section 7: Skin, Soft Tissue and Musculoskeletal System Infections
Section 8: Respiratory Tract Infections
Section 9: Central Nervous System Infections
Section 10: Urogenital Tract Infections
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=218607
نویسنده : Sastry Apurba
ناشر : Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 873
(ISBN) شابک : 8194709016
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $46.36
حجم فایل : 45 MB