The latest edition of this essential textbook continues to support a new generation of dental students in their understanding of microbiom and oral microbiota, basic immunology, oral and systemic infections and cross-infection control.
Fully updated throughout with the latest developments in oral microbiology, microbiomics, disease prevention and control, Essential Microbiology for Dentistry will be essential for all undergraduates studying dentistry as well as anyone undertaking postgraduate training.
- Friendly, accessible writing style helps readers engage with key information
- Helpful self-assessment – in the style of both dental school and RCS exams –enables students to monitor their progress
- Evidenced-based throughout to help facilitate safe clinical practice
- Ample use of artwork helps explain complex structures, physiological processes and the effect of drug intervention
- Helpful use of italics for clinically relevant facts and emboldened key words to highlight important information
- Presents the latest national and international guidelines
- ‘Key Fact’ boxes at the end of each chapter help summarize core information
- Contains a comprehensive glossary and abbreviations list
- Expanded to meet the higher-level of understanding and application of knowledge required of students today
- Provides a fuller discussion of the oral microbiome and the microbiota ; new microbial identification technology; antibiotic steweardship;, ; endodontic infections; implant-related infections; plaque biofilms and the systemic disease axis and the current guidelines on antimicrobial prophylaxis
- Contains new photographic images – many previously unpublished
- Provides enhanced discussions of newer molecular based methods of diagnosis
- Explores the latest research in dental plaque biofilm functionality and metabolism, and the mechanisms of enhanced resistance caused by biofilms
- Now comes with a helpful ONLINE RESOURCE containing a wide range of MCQS to help students monitor their progress!
The text is written in a very easy-to-read style which will make it popular and a book of choice for many dental students and dentists. I particularly like the ‘Key Facts’ section and the use of italics for clinically relevant facts and key words in bold which is a useful means of highlighting important information. The review questions at the end of each chapter are of a similar format to those used in examinations set by dental schools for undergraduate examinations and the Royal Colleges in the UK for postgraduate examinations. Together with the excellent glossary of terms and abbreviations these sections will be very popular as revision aids, allowing the reader to assess their understanding in the key areas of importance.
۱ Why study microbiology?
۱ General microbiology
۲ Basic immunology
۳ Microbes of relevance to dentistry
۴ Infections of relevance to dentistry
۵ Oral microbiology
۶ Cross infection and control
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=157591
نویسنده : Lakshman Samaranayake DSc(hc) DDS
ناشر : Elsevier; 5 edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 401
(ISBN) شابک : 0702074357
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $70.67
حجم فایل : 16 MB