The 5th edition of this indispensable resource captures the latest insights in neonatal neurology in a totally engaging, readable manner. World authority Dr. Joseph Volpe has completely revised his masterwork from cover to cover, describing everything from the most up-to-the-minute discoveries in genetics through the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of neurologic disorders. He delivers all the clinical guidance you need to provide today’s most effective care for neonates with neurological conditions.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of neonatal neurology, solely written by the field’s founding expert, Dr. Joseph Volpe – for a masterful, cohesive source of answers to any question that arises in your practice.
- Focuses on clinical evaluation and management, while also examining the many scientific and technological advances that are revolutionizing neonatal neurology.
- Organizes disease-focused chapters by affected body region for ease of reference.
- Features a brand new, full-color design with hundreds of new figures, tables, algorithms, and micrographs.
- Includes two entirely new chapters: Neurodevelopmental Follow-Up and Stroke in the Newborn; a new section on Neonatal Seizures; and an extensively expanded section on Hypoxic-Ischemia and Other Disorders.
- Showcases the experience and knowledge of a new editorial team, led by Dr. Joseph Volpe and Dr. Terrie E. Inder, Chair of the Department of Pediatric Newborn Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, all of whom bring a wealth of insight to this classic text.
- Offers comprehensive updates from cover to cover to reflect all of the latest information regarding the development of the neural tube; prosencephalic development; congenital hydrocephalus; cerebellar hemorrhage; neuromuscular disorders and genetic testing; and much more.
- Uses an improved organization to enhance navigation.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“An extraordinary work of scholarship . . . The strength of this book is the strong clinical emphasis that is incorporated from lessons learned from basic and clinical research . . . The book is so comprehensive, it is beyond criticism . . . remains a treasure for those interested in neurologic problems of the newborn, serving both as a resource and as a stimulus for future research endeavors.” – Pediatric Neurology, review of the 4th edition
About the Author
Dr. Volpe received his M.D. degree from the Harvard Medical School, completed a Pediatric residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital, carried out a postdoctoral research fellowship at the NIH and trained in Pediatric Neurology at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He then served for 20 years on the faculty at Washington University in St. Louis, the last ten years the Stein Professor of Neurology and Director of the Division of Pediatric Neurology. In 1990 he was named Neurologist-in-Chief at the Boston Children’s Hospital, Bronson Crothers Professor of Neurology at the Harvard Medical School, and Chairman of the Department of Neurology at Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
۱. Neural Tube Development and Defects
۲. Prosencephalic Development and Defects
۳. Congenital Hydrocephalus
۴. Cerebellar Development and Defects
۵. Neuronal Proliferative Events and Defects
۶. Neuronal Migrational Events and Defects
۷. Organizational Events and Defects
۸. Myelination Events and Defects
۹. Neurological Examination: Normal and Abnormal Features
۱۰. Specialized Neurological Studies
۱۱. Neurodevelopmental Followup
۱۲. Neonatal Seizures
۱۳. Pathophysiology General Principles
۱۴. Encephalopathy of the Preterm – Neuropathology
۱۵. Encephalopathy of the Preterm – Pathophysiology
۱۶. Encephalopathy of the Preterm – Clinical – Neurological Features, Diagnosis, Imaging, Prognosis, Therapy
۱۷. Intrauterine, Intrapartum Assessments in the Term Infant
۱۸. Hypoxic Ischemic Injury in the Term Infant – Neuropathology
۱۹. Hypoxic Ischemic Injury in the Term Infant – Pathophysiology
۲۰. Hypoxic Ischemic Injury in the Term Infant – Clinical – Neurological Features, Diagnosis, Imaging, Prognosis, Therapy
۲۱. Stroke in the Newborn
۲۲. Intracranial/Hemorrhage – Supratentorial (Subdural, Subarachnoid, Intraventricular (Term Infant), Miscellaneous
۲۳. Intracranial Hemorrhage Infratentorial/Cerebellar
۲۴. Preterm IVH/Posthemorrhagic Hydrocephalus
۲۷. Amino acids
۲۸. Organic acids
۲۹. Degenerative Disorders of the Newborn
۳۰. Evaluation, Specialized Studies
۳۱. Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita
۳۲. Levels Above Lower Motor Neuron to Neuromuscular Junction
۳۳. Muscle Involvement and Restricted Disorders
۳۴. Viral, Protozoan and Related Intracranial Infections
۳۵. Bacterial and Fungal Intracranial Infections
۳۶. Injuries of Extracranial, Cranial, Intracranial, Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nervous System Structures
۳۷. Brain Tumors and Vein of Galen Malformations
۳۸. Passive Addiction and Teratogenic Effects
۳۳-۱ Congenital myotonic dystrophy: infant and mother. Head lag in a ﬂoppy infant with DM1.
۳۳-۲ Congenital myotonic dystrophy: infant and mother. Forearm percussion myotonia.
۳۳-۳ Congenital myotonic dystrophy: infant and mother. Hand grip myotonia.
۳۳-۴ Congenital myotonic dystrophy: infant and mother. Thenar percussion myotonia.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=82499
نویسنده : Joseph J. Volpe MD , Terrie E Inder MB ChB MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 6 edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1457
(ISBN) شابک : 0323428762
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $176.51
حجم فایل : 115 MB