The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism presents a collection of readings that represent an essential and authoritative reference on the state-of-the-art of the interdisciplinary field of tourism studies.
- Presents a comprehensive and critical overview of tourism studies across the social sciences
- Introduces emerging topics and reassesses key themes in tourism studies in the light of recent developments
- Includes 50 newly commissioned essays by leading experts in the social sciences from around the world
- Contains cutting-edge perspectives on topics that include tourism’s role in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state’s role in tourism development
- Sets an agenda for future tourism research and includes a wealth of bibliographic references
“ Excellent … as far as it goes. . . Summing Up: Highly recommended. Upper-division undergraduates and above.” (Choice, ۱ April 2015)
From the Back Cover
Over the past decade, the field of tourism studies has been transformed: a trend that has resulted in a flourishing of new academic research. The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism presents a series of readings that represent an authoritative reference on the state of the art of the interdisciplinary field of tourism studies.
Featuring original contributions from more than 50 international experts from across geography and the social sciences, their essays offer cutting-edge perspectives on a broad range of established and emerging topics in the field. These include tourism’s role in globalization, localization, and contested places; the changing nature of tourism production; the values, motivations, and experiences of tourists; tourism, society, and the environment (including sustainable tourism); dynamic sectors such as sports and medical tourism; and tourism policies, governance, and the state’s role in tourism development.
At once scholarly and stimulating, Companion to Tourism is an essential resource for the current frontiers of tourism research that also sets an agenda for provocative new areas of study in the field.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=6719
نویسنده : Alan A. Lew , C. Michael Hall
ناشر : Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 668
(ISBN) شابک : 1118474481
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $182.52
حجم فایل : 5 MB