From the latest vaccination evidence, recommendations, and protocols . . . to new vaccine development and the use of vaccines in reducing disease, Plotkin’s Vaccines, 8th Edition, covers every aspect of vaccination. Now completely revised and updated from cover to cover, this award-winning text continues to provide reliable information from global authorities, offering a complete understanding of each disease, as well as the latest knowledge of both existing vaccines and those currently in research and development. Described by Bill Gates as “an indispensable guide to the enhancement of the well-being of our world,” Plotkin’s Vaccines is a must-have reference for current, authoritative information in this fast-moving field.
- Contains all-new chapters on COVID-19, vaccine hesitancy, and non-specific effects of vaccines, as well as significantly revised content on new vaccine technologies such as mRNA vaccines, emerging vaccines, and technologies to improve immunization.
- Presents exciting new data on evolution of adjuvants across the centuries, dengue vaccines, human papillomavirus vaccines, respiratory syncytial virus vaccines, tuberculosis vaccines, and zoster vaccines.
- Provides up-to-date, authoritative information on vaccine production, available preparations, efficacy and safety, and recommendations for vaccine use, with rationales and data on the impact of vaccination programs on morbidity and mortality.
- Provides complete coverage of each disease, including clinical characteristics, microbiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as epidemiology and public health and regulatory issues.
- Keeps you up to date with information on each vaccine, including its stability, immunogenicity, efficacy, duration of immunity, adverse events, indications, contraindications, precautions, administration with other vaccines, and disease-control strategies.
- Covers vaccine-preventable diseases, vaccine science, and licensed vaccine products, as well as product technologies and global regulatory and public health issues.
- Analyzes the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of different vaccine options.
- Helps you clearly visualize concepts and objective data through an abundance of tables and figures.
۱. A Short History of Vaccination
۲. Vaccine Immunology
۳. Non-specific Effects of Vaccines
۴. Correlates of Protection
۵. The Vaccine Industry
۶. Vaccine Manufacturing
۷. Evolution of Adjuvants Across the Centuries
۸. Vaccine Additives and Manufacturing Residuals in Vaccines Licensed in the United States
۹. Passive Immunization
۱۰. General Immunization Practices
۱۱. Human Adenovirus Vaccines
۱۲. Anthrax Vaccines *
۱۳. Biodefense Vaccines, Vaccines for Emerging Infectious Diseases, and Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
۱۴. Cancer Vaccines
۱۵. Cholera Vaccines
۱۶. Combination Vaccines
۱۷. Coronavirus Vaccines
۱۸. Cytomegalovirus Vaccines
۱۹. Dengue Vaccines
۲۰. Vaccines Against Diarrhea Caused by Noncholera Bacteria
۷۰. Vaccination of Immunocompromised Hosts
۷۱. Vaccines for International Travel
۷۲. Vaccines for Healthcare Personnel
۷۳. Vaccination of Pregnant Women
۷۴. Immunization in the United States
۷۵. Immunization in Europe
۷۶. Immunization and Vaccine-Preventable Diseases in the Asia-Pacific Region
۷۷. Immunization in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
۷۸. Community Protection
۷۹. Economic Analyses of Vaccine Policies
۸۰. Regulation and Testing of Vaccines in the US
۸۱. Regulation of Vaccines in Europe
۸۲. Regulation of Vaccines in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
۸۳. Vaccine Safety
۸۴. Vaccine Hesitancy and Behavioral Factors Associated With Vaccine Uptake
۸۵. Legal Issues
۸۷. Vaccines to Prevent Mpox
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=355347
نویسنده : Walter Orenstein MD DSc
ناشر : Elsevier; 8th edition
سال انتشار : 2024
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 2572 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323790585
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $311.72
حجم فایل : 108 MB