As per the title, the edition encompasses many recent advances. To mention a few, electronic waste management, telemedicine, National Programme for Control of Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Epidemiology of Stroke, National Programme for Control of Occupational Diseases, Tobacco and Health, National Tobacco Control Programme, National Urban Health Mission, Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health, Global Eradication of Measles, Public Health Standards for Primary and Community Health Centers, International Health Regulations and many others.
The edition retains the basic organization of the second edition with the contents being modified and reshuffled. There is an upgradation of some of the chapters like nutritional requirements, categorization of TB patients under RNTCP, new WHO growth standards, Phase III of National AIDS Control Organization, Anti-retroviral Therapy, postexposure prophylaxis against HIV, integrated counseling and treatment center, etc.
Some of the topics are rewritten such as adolescent health, influenza, National Mental Health Programme, health problems of the aged, TB and HIV, treatment of MDR-TB/XDR-TB and others. Many diagrams and color photographs have been incorporated.
New information which have been added are immunization schedule, Indian diabetic score, glucose memory test, nuchal translucency scan, adverse events following immunization, etc.
• Reminds the great stalwarts, who have contributed to the public health in terms of lives that can be saved
• Encompasses many recent advances, such as electronic waste management, telemedicine in public health, community ophthalmology, epidemiology of stroke, Urban Health Mission, adolescent reproductive and sexual health, Global Eradication of Measles, public health standards for primary and community health centers, National Programme for Control of Occupational Diseases, National Tobacco Control Programme, deafness, etc.
• Upgrades the topics like immunization, nutrition requirements, growth chart, demographic profile, antiretroviral therapy, postexposure prophylaxis against HIV, integrated counseling and treatment center, MDR/XDR-TB, etc.
• Includes many diagrams and color photographs
• Follows the syllabus recommended by Universities of Health Sciences
• Modifies the chapters like adolescent health, influenza, National Health Programme, health problems of the aged, old age security and others
• Provides educative insight into various dimensions of the specialty of community medicine
• Gives researchers a thought to work for the benefit of humanity in terms of preventing the disease and promoting the health.
Useful for the entire students community of medical and nursing sciences, teachers, examiners, public health professionals, policy makers, health administrators and health workers.
Chapter-01_Introduction to Community Medicine
Chapter-02_Concept of Health
Chapter-03_Concept of Disease
Chapter-04_Concept of Prevention
Chapter-05_Environment and Water
Chapter-06_Air and Ventilation
Chapter-12_Disposal of Wastes
Chapter-13_Management of Hospital Waste
Chapter-14_Electronic Waste Management
Chapter-16_Nutrition and Health
Chapter-18_Principles and Practice of Epidemiology
Chapter-19_Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
Chapter-20_Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases
Chapter-21_Epidemiology of Noncommunicable Diseases
Chapter-22_Maternal and Child Health Services [Preventive Ob
Chapter-27_Information’s Education and Communication
Chapter-32_Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
Chapter-33_Health for All
Chapter-35_National Rural Health Mission-2005-2012
Chapter-36_National Urban Health Mission
Chapter-37_Health Planning and Management
Chapter-38_National Health Planning
Chapter-39_National Health Policy
Chapter-40_National Voluntary Health Agencies Organizations
Chapter-41_International Health Organizations
Chapter-43_National Health Programs
Chapter-44_Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases
Chapter-46_Integrated Disease Surveillance Project 2004-2009
Chapter-49_Integrated Management of Childhood Illness
Chapter-50_Telemedicine in Public Health
Chapter-51_Tobacco and Health
Chapter-52_Public Health Acts
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=16251
نویسنده : A. H. Suryakantha
ناشر : Jaypee Brothers Medical Pub; 3 edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 966
(ISBN) شابک : 9350906449
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $30.00
حجم فایل : 40 MB