While medical specialists in disaster mitigation, preparedness, and response are needed worldwide, the initial phase of disaster response is almost entirely dependent upon local resources―making it essential that all healthcare personnel have a working knowledge of the field and stand ready to integrate into the response system. Ciottone’s Disaster Medicine, 3rd Edition, is the most comprehensive reference available to help accomplish these goals in every community. It thoroughly covers isolated domestic events as well as global disasters and humanitarian crises. Dr. Gregory Ciottone and more than 200 worldwide authorities share their knowledge and expertise on the preparation, assessment, and management of both natural and man-made disasters, including lessons learned by the responders to contemporary disasters such as the COVID-19 pandemic, Australian and western U.S. wildfires, European heatwaves, the Beirut explosion, recent hurricanes and typhoons, and the global refugee crisis.
- Part 1 offers an A-to-Z resource for every aspect of disaster medicine and management, while Part 2 features an exhaustive compilation of every conceivable disaster event, organized to facilitate quick reference in a real-time setting.
- Covers basic concepts such as identification of risks, organizational preparedness, equipment planning, disaster education and training, and more advanced concepts such as disaster risk reduction, health in complex emergencies, building local disaster resiliency, psychological impact of disasters on children, and more.
- Contains new decision trees throughout that help guide you through the decision-making process in difficult situations.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, templated approach to historical perspectives, overviews of current practice including pre-incident and post-incident actions, medical treatment of casualties, and potential pitfalls.
- Includes updated sections on man-made disasters, including mass casualties, active shooter situations, integrated response to terrorist attacks, and chemical/biological/radiological/nuclear/high-yield explosives disasters.
- Discusses the latest technologies, such as the use of mobile disaster applications, drone response systems, and virtual reality simulation training.
- Features thoroughly updated information on crisis leadership, practical applications of disaster epidemiology, disaster and climate change, and the integration of non-government agencies (NGOs) in disaster response―a critical topic for those responding to humanitarian needs overseas.
- Includes new chapters on Pandemic Preparedness and Response, Disaster Medicine in a Changing Climate, Disaster Response in Asia, Building Local Capacity and Disaster Resiliency, Civilian-Military Coordination in Disaster Response, Medical Simulation in Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Nursing, Crisis Meta-Leadership, Palliative Care in Disasters, Counter-Terrorism Medicine, SARS CoV (COVID-19 and SARS), and Disasters in Space Travel.
۱ Introduction to Disaster Medicine
۲ Public Health and Disasters
۳ Role of Emergency Medical Services in Disaster Management and Preparedness
۴ Role of Emergency Medicine in Disaster Management
۵ Role of Hospitals in Disaster
۶ Pandemic Preparedness and Response
۷ Health In Complex Emergencies
۸ Disaster Medicine in a Changing Climate
۹ Children and Disaster
۱۰ Psychological Impact of Disaster on Displaced Populations and Refugees of Multiple Traumas
۱۱ Ethical Issues in Disaster Medicine
۱۲ Issues of Liability in Emergency Response
۱۳ Disaster Response in the United States
۱۴ Disaster Response in Europe
۱۵ Disaster Response in Asia
۱۶ Building Local Capacity and Disaster Resiliency
۱۷ Local Disaster Response in the United States
۱۸ State Disaster Response: Systems and Programs
۱۹ Selected U.S. Federal Disaster Response Agencies and Capabilities
۲۰ Global Disaster Response and Emergency Medical Teams
۲۱ Civil-Military Coordination in Disaster Response
۲۲ Evaluation of emerging data to inform disaster response
۲۳ Disaster/Emergency Management Programs
۲۴ Emergency Department Design
۲۵ Hazard Vulnerability Analysis
۱۷۵ Bus Accident
۱۷۶ Aircraft Crash Preparedness and Response
۱۷۷ Air Show Disaster
۱۷۸ Asteroid Impacts, Orbital Debris and Spacecraft Re-entry Disasters
۱۷۹ Building Collapse
۱۸۰ Bridge Collapse
۱۸۱ Human Stampede
۱۸۲ Mining Accident
۱۸۳ Submarine or Surface Vessel Accident
۱۸۴ Aircraft Hijacking
۱۸۵ Aircraft Crash into a High-Rise Building
۱۸۶ Maritime Disasters
۱۸۷ Cruise Ship Infectious Disease Outbreak
۱۸۸ Massive Power System Failures
۱۸۹ Hospital Power Outages
۱۹۰ Intentional Contamination of Water Supplies
۱۹۱ Food-Supply Contamination
۱۹۲ Ecological Terrorism
۱۹۳ Computer and Electronic Terrorism and Emergency Medical Services
۱۹۴ Disasters in Space Travel: From Earth to Orbit, and Beyond
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=355296
نویسنده : Gregory R. Ciottone MD FACEP
ناشر : Elsevier; 3rd edition
سال انتشار : 2024
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1084
(ISBN) شابک : 0323809324
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $178.99
حجم فایل : 35 MB