Today’s travel medicine includes not only tourism and business travelers, but also incorporates volunteerism, medical care, migration, ecotourism, and more. Travel Medicine, 4th Edition, reflects all of these changes in the field while keeping you up to date with new vaccines and newly proposed regimens, pre-travel advice and post-travel screening, and all travel-related illnesses – for a one-stop, authoritative reference on all aspects of travel medicine.
- Includes new chapters to assist your care of specific populations such as those engaging in ecotourism or military travel, as well as the VIP traveler. A new chapter on pre-travel considerations for non-vaccine preventable travel infections has also been added.
- Provides new information on new influenza and shingles vaccines, microbiome and drug resistance, Zika and the pregnant or breastfeeding traveler, the Viagra effect and increase in STIs, refugees and immigrants, and much more.
- Covers new methods of prevention of dengue virus, Zika virus, chikungunya virus, Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome, sleeping sickness, and avian flu.
- New illustrations and numerous new tables and boxes provide visual guidance and make reference quick and easy.
- Helps you prepare for the travel medicine examination with convenient cross references to the ISTM “body of knowledge” in specific chapters and/or passages in the book.
- Keeps you updated on remote destinations and the unique perils they present.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“The chapters are full of excellent tables clearly delineating important elements, including many algorithms describing the approach to specific problems.”
-Winnie W Ooi, MD, MPH, DMD (Harvard Medical School) Doody’s Score: 91-4 Stars!
۱ Introduction to Travel Medicine
۳ Starting,. Grganizingr and Marketing a Travel Clinic
۴ Pretravel Consultation
۵ Water Disinfection for International Travelers
۶ Insect Protection
۷ Pretravel Considerations for Non-vaccine-Preventable Travel Infections
۸ Travel Medical Kits
۹ Principles of Immunization
۱۰ Routine Adult Vaccines
۱۱ Routine Travel Vaccines
۱۲ Recommended/Required Travel Vaccines
۱۳ Pediatric Travel Vaccinations
۱۵ Malaria Chemoprophylaxis
۱۶ Self-Diagnosis and Self-Treatment of Malaria by the Traveler
۱۷ Approach to the Patient With Malaria
۱۸ Epidemiology of Travelers’ Diarrhea
۱۹ Prevention of Travelers’ Diarrhea
۲۰ Clinical Presentation and Management of Travelers’ Diarrhea
۲۱ Persistent Gastrointestinal Symptoms in the Ill-Returning Traveler
۲۲ The Pregnant and Breastfeeding Traveler
۲۳ The Pediatric and Adolescent Traveler
۲۴ The Older Traveler
۲۵ The Physically Challenged Traveler
۲۶ The Traveler With Preexisting Disease
۲۷ The Immunocompromised Traveler
۲۸ The Traveler With HIV
۲۹ The Business Traveler
۳۰ VIP Traveler
۳۱ Health Aspects of International Adoption
۳۲ Visiting Friends and Relatives
۳۴ The Migrant Traveler
۳۵ Humanitarian Aid Workers
۳۶ The Deployed Military
۳۷ Expedition Medicine
۳۹ Medical Tourism
۴۰ Cruise Ship Travel
۴۱ Mass Gatherings
۴۲ High-Altitude Medicine
۴۳ Diving Medicine
۴۴ Extremes of Temperature and Hydration
۴۵ Jet Lag
۴۶ Motion Sickness
۴۷ The Aircraft Cabin Environment
۴۸ Bitesr Stingsr and Envenoming Injuries
۴۹ Seafood Poisoning
۵۰ Injuries and Injury Prevention
۵۱ Mental Health Issues of Travelers
۵۲ Travelers’ Thrombosis
۵۳ Health Care Abroad
۵۴ Personal Security and Crime Avoidance
۵۵ Posttravel Screening
۵۶ Fever in Returned Travelers
۵۷ Skin Diseases
۵۹ Respiratory Infections
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=146869
نویسنده : Jay S. Keystone CM MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 4 edition
سال انتشار : 2019
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 609
(ISBN) شابک : 032354696X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $106.74
حجم فایل : 24 MB