Popular for its highly visual, clinical approach, Medical Genetics delivers an accessible yet thorough understanding of this active and fast-changing field. Key updates in this new edition cover the latest developments which are integrated with clinical practice to emphasize the central principles and how they apply to practice. Photographs, illustrations, and tables, along with boxes containing patient/family vignettes demonstrate clinical relevance and enhance visual impact of the material for easier and more effective learning and retention.
- Includes access to the complete text and images online at studentconsult.com along with 200 additional USMLE-style questions for self-assessment.
- Mini-summaries, study questions, suggested reading, and a detailed glossary supplement and reinforce what you learn from the text.
- More than 230 photographs, illustrations, and tables, along with patient/family vignettes clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate clinical significance.
- Clinical Commentary Boxes help demonstrate how the hard science of genetics has real applications to everyday patient problems and prepare you for problem-based integrated courses.
- The latest knowledge and research on gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common disorders, ethical and social issues, and much more so you can keep up with current developments in genetics.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows access to 200 additional USMLE questions, as well as new materials (outlined above) designed to produce a more rounded learning experience.
About the Author
Dr. John Carey is Director of the Ronald H. Fredrickson Center for School Counseling Outcome Research & Evaluation and Professor of School Counseling at UMASS Amherst. He is a recipient of an American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Counselor Educator of the Year Award. Dr. Carey is included on the Fulbright Specialist Roster and works internationally to improve school-based counseling and school counselor education. His research interests include school counseling outcome measurement, policy research in school-based counseling, standards-based models of school counseling, and the development of research-based interventions to promote academic achievement and eliminate the achievement gap. He is coeditor of “Multicultural Counseling in Schools: A Practical Handbook”.
۱ Background and History
۲ Basic Cell Biology:
۳ Genetic Variation:
۴ Autosomal Dominant and Recessive Inheritance
۵ Sex-Linked and NontraditionaI Modes of Inheritance
۶ Clinical Cytogenetics:
۷ Biochemical Genetics:
۸ Disease-Gene Identification
۱۰ Genetic Basis of Development
۱۱ Cancer Genetics
۱۲ Multifactorial Inheritance and Common Diseases
۱۳ Genetic Testing and Gene Therapy
۱۴ Genetics and Precision Medicine
۱۵ Clinical Genetics and Genetic Counseling
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=44254
نویسنده : Lynn B. Jorde PhD , John C. Carey MD MPH
ناشر : Elsevier; 5 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 371
(ISBN) شابک : 0323188354
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $62.36
حجم فایل : 23 MB