Master the LPN/LVN’s role and responsibilities in medical-surgical nursing! With coverage organized by body systems, Adult Health Nursing, 9th Edition provides an essential guide to nursing care for patients with common disorders. Through use of the nursing process, you will develop clinical judgment skills to assess patient needs, develop nursing care plans, and plan effective nursing interventions. Case studies provide practice with critical thinking and clinical judgment, and new Next Generation NCLEX®-format questions help you apply theory to practice. Written by nursing educators Kim Cooper and Kelly Gosnell, this text also helps you prepare for success on the NCLEX-PN® examination.
- Step-by-step instructions for skills show clearly defined nursing actions along with the rationales for each.
- Overview of Anatomy and Physiology begins each body systems chapter, and the Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology chapter provides a clear, basic understanding of the A&P that LPN/LVNs need to know.
- The nursing process is applied to the discussion of disorders, and is summarized at the end of each chapter.
- Nursing care plans use a case-study format to emphasize patient goals and outcomes, and include critical thinking questions at the end of each care plan.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes provide synopses of research articles that apply to nursing, along with nursing implications for the LPN/LVN.
- Safety Alert! boxes cover issues related to safe patient care in a variety of settings.
- Coordinated Care boxes promote comprehensive patient care with other members of the health care team, focusing on prioritization, assignment, supervision, collaboration, delegation, and leadership topics.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes provide age-specific information for the care of the patient.
- Older Adult Considerations boxes provide age-specific information for the care of the aging population, which is often the primary focus of the LPN/LVN nurse.
- Communication boxes illustrate communication strategies through real-life examples of nurse-patient dialogue.
- Patient Teaching boxes focus on three-way communication among the nurse, patient, and family members, and include topics such as hospital discharge instructions.
Adult Health Nursing Master the LPN/LVN’s role and responsibilities in medical-surgical nursing
۱. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
۲. Care of the Surgical Patient
۳. Care of the Patient With an Integumentary Disorder
۴. Care of the Patient With a Musculoskeletal Disorder
۵. Care of the Patient With a Gastrointestinal Disorder
۶. Care of the Patient With a Gallbladder, Liver, Biliary Tract, or Exocrine Pancreatic Disorder
۷. Care of the Patient With a Blood or Lymphatic Disorder
۸. Care of the Patient With a Cardiovascular or a Peripheral Vascular Disorder
۹. Care of the Patient With a Respiratory Disorder
۱۰. Care of the Patient With a Urinary Disorder
۱۱. Care of the Patient With an Endocrine Disorder
۱۲. Care of the Patient With a Reproductive Disorder
۱۳. Anatomic Structures and Physiologic Functions of the Visual System
۱۴. Care of the Patient With a Neurologic Disorder
۱۵. Care of the Patient With an Immune Disorder
۱۶. Care of the Patient With HIV
۱۷. Care of the Patient With Cancer
B. Laboratory Reference Values
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=378405
نویسنده : Kim Cooper MSN RN
ناشر : Elsevier; 9th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 827
(ISBN) شابک : 0323811612
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $74.09
حجم فایل : 95 MB