Provide compassionate, professional nursing care for older adults! Designed for LPN/LVNs, Basic Geriatric Nursing, 8th Edition offers a practical introduction to concepts of aging and the physiologic and psychosocial changes that affect the elderly adult. Clear guidelines help you master basic skills such as health assessment, nursing diagnosis, therapeutic communication, medication administration, and nursing interventions in a variety of health care settings. New Next-Generation NCLEX® examination-style case studies help you develop clinical judgment, and nursing care plans show how to apply theory to practice. Written by experienced nursing educator Patricia Williams, this book provides the knowledge and skills you need to care for an aging population.
- Learning features in each chapter include objectives, key terms with phonetic pronunciations, basic concepts, and clinical application, all connected by case examples and a relevant research study or analysis of multiple studies.
- Nursing Process sections provide a framework for nursing care of older adults as related to specific disorders.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination! sections include key points, additional learning resources, and NCLEX review questions with answers and rationales on the Evolve website.
- Nursing Care Plans provide real-world examples of care plans along with critical thinking questions.
- Nursing interventions are grouped by health care setting, e.g., acute care, extended care, home care.
- Clinical Situation boxes highlight real-life care scenarios.
- Coordinated Care boxes address leadership and management issues for the LPN/LVN, and include topics such as restraints and end-of-life care.
- Critical Thinking boxes help you develop and improve skills in clinical judgment.
- Special boxes are included for health promotion, safety, nurse alerts, patient education, cultural considerations, home health considerations, complementary health approaches, and more.
- Medication tables summarize information about drugs commonly used in geriatric nursing.
- NEW! Next-Generation NCLEX® examination-style case studies at the end of chaptersinclude new-format questions to help you prepare for the licensure examination.
- NEW! Discussion of the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model helps you learn decision making and develop the skills needed to plan effective nursing care.
- NEW! Free Study Guide on the Evolve website includes Next-Generation case studies and review questions to reinforce your understanding.
Provide age-appropriate nursing interventions in a variety of health care settings
۱. Trends and Issues
۲. Theories of Aging
۳. Physiologic Changes
۴. Health Promotion, Health Maintenance, and Home Health Considerations
۵. Communicating With Older Adults
۶. Maintaining Fluid Balance and Meeting Nutritional Needs
۷. Medications and Older Adults
۸. Health Assessment for Older Adults
۹. Meeting Safety Needs of Older Adults
۱۰. Cognition and Perception
۱۱. Self-Perception and Self-Concept
۱۲. Roles and Relationships
۱۳. Coping and Stress
۱۴. Values and Beliefs
۱۵. End-of-Life Care
۱۶. Sexuality and Aging
۱۷. Care of Aging Skin and Mucous Membranes
۱۹. Activity and Exercise
۲۰. Sleep and Rest
A. Laboratory Values for Older Adults
B. The Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS)
C. Daily Nutritional Goals for Older Adults
D. Resources for Older Adults
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=378387
نویسنده : Patricia A. Williams MSN
ناشر : Mosby; 8th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 419
(ISBN) شابک : 0323826857
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $35.99
حجم فایل : 35 MB