Written by physicians who are experts in both traditional and complementary medicine, Integrative Medicine, 5th Edition, uses a clinical, disease-oriented approach to safely and effectively incorporate alternative therapies into primary care practice. Drawing on available scientific evidence and the authors’ first-hand experiences, it covers therapies such as botanicals, supplements, mind-body, lifestyle choices, nutrition, exercise, spirituality, and other integrative medicine modalities. This highly regarded reference offers practical guidance for reducing costs and improving patient care while focusing on prevention and wellness for a better quality of life.
- Explains how to make the best use of integrative medicine and the mechanisms by which these therapeutic modalities work, keeping you at the forefront of the trend toward integrative health care.
- Templated chapters make it quick and easy to find key information such as dosing, pearls, the Prevention Prescription, and Therapeutic Reviews that incorporates the Evidence vs Harm Icon.
- Uses the reliable SORT method (Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy) to provide evidence-based ratings, grading both the evidence and the relative potential harm.
- Thoroughly updated, ensuring that you remain well informed regarding the latest evidence.
- Contains ۱۰ new chapters covering clinician resilience, supporting immunity, NASH/fatty liver, hair loss, rethinking the movement prescription, compassion practices, prescribing low-dose naltrexone, psychedelics, tapering off PPIs and opioids, as well as an expanded osteopathy chapter.
- Covers timely topics aimed at reducing the epidemics of polypharmacy and opioid overuse, as well as supporting immunity in the face of infectious diseases.
- Provides online access to multiple-choice questions for every chapter―perfect for board exam review.
۱. Philosophy of Integrative Medicine
۲. Optimal Healing Environments
۳. The Healing Encounter
۴. The Whole Health Approach
۵. Clinician Resilience
۸. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
۹. Autism Spectrum Disorder
۱۱. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
۱۲. Alzheimer Disease
۱۴. Peripheral Neuropathy
۱۵. Multiple Sclerosis
۱۶. Parkinson Disease
۱۷. Otitis Media
۱۸. Chronic Sinusitis
۱۹. Acute Respiratory Infection Cold and Flu
۲۰. HIV Disease and AIDS
۲۱. Herpes Simplex Virus
۲۲. Chronic Hepatitis
۲۳. Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
۲۴. Lyme Disease
۲۵. Non-Pharmaceutical Approaches to Hypertension
۹۰. Low Back Pain Exercises
۹۱. Relaxation Techniques
۹۲. Self-Hypnosis Techniques
۹۳. Enhancing Heart Rate Variability
۹۴. Guided Imagery and Interactive Guided Imagery*
۹۵. Journaling for Health
۹۷. Recommending Meditation
۹۸. Motivational Interviewing Techniques
۹۹. Emotional Awareness for Pain
۱۰۰. Compassion Practices
۱۰۱. Prescribing Botanicals
۱۰۲. Prescribing Probiotics
۱۰۳. Prescribing Low-Dose Naltrexone
۱۰۵. Chelation Therapy
۱۰۶. Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy for Health
۱۰۷. Tapering Off a Proton Pump Inhibitor
۱۰۸. Tapering Off Opioids
۱۰۹. Integrative Strategies for Planetary Health
۱۱۰. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
۱۱۱. Prolotherapy for Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
۱۱۲. Integrating Spiritual Assessment and Care
۱۱۳. Biofield Therapies
۱۱۴. Integrative Medicine for the Underserved
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=356374
نویسنده : David Rakel MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 5th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1385 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323777279
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $104.99
حجم فایل : 67 MB