Joint Commission International Accreditation Standards for Hospitals, 7th Edition, provides the basis for accreditation of hospitals throughout the world. Joint Commission International (JCI) standards define the performance expectations, structures, and functions that must be in place for a hospital to be accredited by JCI.
The standards are divided into two main sections: 1) patient-centered care and 2) health care organization management. In addition, two chapters are included for hospitals that meet eligibility criteria for academic medical center accreditation—these standards address additional requirements for medical professional education and human subjects research.
Within each section, standards are separated into chapters. Each standard includes an intent and measurable elements. The intent describes the rationale for the standard and provides examples (when applicable) on the application of the standards. The measurable elements are the specific requirements of the standard. In addition to the standards chapters, an introduction, the eligibility requirements, the Accreditation Participation Requirements (APR), a summary of key accreditation policies, a glossary, and an index are included.
Highlights of Changes:
- • Develop and implement a process to improve the safety of look-alike/sound-alike medications.
- • Develop and implement risk reduction strategies for managing clinical alarm systems
- • Establish a process to identify patients at risk for suicide and self-harm
- • Establish and implement a program for the use of lasers and other optical radiation devices
- • Address cleaning and disinfection of the environment and environmental surfaces
- • Implement interim measures to address safety of the building’s occupants during construction, maintenance, or a breakdown or repair
- • Introduced new Patient Centered Care (PCC) chapter by consolidating Patient and Family Rights (PFR) and Patient and Family Education (PFE) chapters.
- • Summary of changes to standards requirements
- • Chapter overviews describing the focus of each chapter
- • List of standards-only at the beginning of each chapter for quick reference
- • Updated and new references providing evidence and support for key topics in the standards
- • Accreditation Participation Requirements (APRs)
Section I: Accreditation Participation Requirement
Section II: Patient-Centered Standards
Section III: Health Care Organization Management Standards
Section IV: Academic Medical Center Hospital Standards
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=387557
نویسنده : Joint Commission Resources
ناشر : Joint Commission Resources
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 364 بدون ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 9781635851489
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $153.00
حجم فایل : 5 MB