Providing an ideal balance of theory and practice, Low Vision: Principles and Management covers all aspects of providing effective eye care to individuals with visual impairment. This concise yet comprehensive resource covers everything from theoretical background to current rehabilitative aids and low vision treatment strategies―all while adopting a practical approach to vision care. It brings practising eye care professionals and students fully up to date with current optical and electronic devices and how they are used in everyday practice, as well as evidence-based vision rehabilitation guidelines.
- Features comprehensive guidance on visual rehabilitation for acuity loss and visual field loss.
- Describes a wealth of practical advice and real-world case scenarios to help guide your day-to-day patient interactions as well as your most challenging situations.
- Covers hot topics, including the link between mental health and low vision, assistive technologies, measures of quality of life and other outcome measures, WHO classifications of visual impairment, and best practices for auditing and commissioning vision services.
- Contains over 200 diagrams, illustrations, and patient photos to aid in visual understanding.
- Explains how eye care professionals can work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide complete care.
۱. What Is Low Vision?
۲. Prevalence and Causes of Low Vision
۳. Clinical Measures of Visual Performance
۴. Patient-Centred Outcome Measures
۶. Relative Size Magnification: Increasing the Object Size
۷. Relative Distance Magnification: Decreasing the Viewing Distance
۸. Transverse Magnification
۹. Angular Magnification
۱۰. Contrast and Glare
۱۱. Illumination and Lighting
۱۲. Aids for Peripheral Field Loss
۱۳. Special Training Techniques for Visual Field Loss
۱۴. Rehabilitation Techniques for Nystagmus
۱۵. Sensory Substitution
۱۶. Inclusive and Universal Design
۱۷. The Low Vision Assessment
۱۸. The Eye Examination
۱۹. Prescribing Magnification
۲۰. Instruction and Training in the Use of Magnifiers
۲۱. Evaluating Low Vision Services
۲۲. The Place of Low Vision in Optometric Practice
۲۳. Case Studies
۱. Useful Information
۲. Sample Record Sheets
۳. Patient Literature
۴. Examples of Clinic Letters
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=362104
نویسنده : Christine Dickinson BSc PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 1st edition
سال انتشار : 2024
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 343 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 032387634X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $96.99
حجم فایل : 40 MB