For 125 years, physicians have relied on Manson’s Tropical Diseases for a comprehensive clinical overview of this complex and fast-changing field. The fully revised 24th Edition, Dr. Jeremy Farrar, along with an internationally recognized editorial team, global contributors, and expert authors, delivers the latest coverage on parasitic and infectious diseases from around the world. From the difficult to diagnose to the difficult to treat, this highly readable, award-winning reference prepares you to effectively handle whatever your patients may have contracted.
- Covers all of tropical medicine in a comprehensive manner, general medicine in the tropics, and non-clinical issues regarding public health and ethics.
- Serves as an indispensable resource for physicians who treat patients with tropical diseases and/or will be travelling to the tropics, or who are teaching others in this area.
- Contains a new section on 21st Century Drivers of Tropical Medicine, with chapters covering Poverty and Inequality, Public Health in Settings of Conflict and Political Instability, Climate Change, and Medical Product Quality and Public Health.
- Includes all-new chapters on Surgery in the Topics, Yellow Fever, Systemic Mycoses, and COVID-19.
- Covers key topics such as drug resistance; emerging and reemerging infections such as Zika, Ebola, and Chikungunya; novel diagnostics such as PCR-based methods; point-of care-tests such as ultrasound; public health in settings of conflict and political instability; and much more.
- Differentiates approaches for resource-rich and resource-poor areas.
- Includes reader-friendly features such as highlighted key information, convenient boxes and tables, extensive cross-referencing, and clinical management diagrams.
۱. History of Tropical Medicine, and Medicine in the Tropics
۲. Global Health
۳. Poverty and Inequality
۴. Public Health in Settings of Conflict and Political Instability
۵. Climate Change and Health in the Tropics: Current Status and Future Trends
۶. Medical Products Quality and Public Health
۷. The Economic Case for Devoting Public Resources to Health ,
۸. Global Health Governance and Tropical Diseases
۹. Ethics and Tropical Diseases: Some Global Considerations
۱۰. Issues and Challenges of Public Health Research in Developing Countries
۱۱. Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine in Resource-Poor Settings
۱۳. Surgery in the Tropics
۱۴. HIV Epidemiology in the Tropics
۱۵. Clinical Features and Management of HIV/AIDS in Adults
۱۶. HIV in Children
۱۷. HIV/AIDS Prevention
۱۸. Viral Hepatitis
۱۹. Yellow Fever
۲۰. Arbovirus Infections
۶۵. Non-Communicable Diseases: Equity, Action, and Targets
۶۶. Cardiovascular and Vascular Disease in the Tropics Including Ischaemic Heart Disease, Stroke, and Hypertension
۶۷. Diabetes in the Tropics
۶۸. Cancer in the Tropics
۶۹. Haematological Diseases in the Tropics
۷۰. Renal Disease in the Tropics
۷۱. Ophthalmology in the Tropics and Sub-tropics
۷۲. Dermatological Problems in the Tropics
۷۳. Musculoskeletal Disorders
۷۴. Respiratory Problems in the Tropics
۷۵. Tropical Neurology
۷۷. Oral Disease in the Tropics
۷۸. Environmental Stress
۷۹. Venomous and Poisonous Animals
۸۰. Plant Poisons, Hallucinogens, and Traditional Medicines
۸۱. Nutrition-Associated Disease
۸۲. Obesity in the Tropics
۸۳. Obstetrics in the Tropics
۸۴. Paediatrics in the Tropics
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=368878
نویسنده : Jeremy Farrar FRCP FMedAcSci
ناشر : Elsevier; 24th edition
سال انتشار : 2024
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : True PDF (بدون کاهش حجم و کیفیت تصاویر)
تعداد صفحات : 1643 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0702079596
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $241.99
حجم فایل : 322 MB