Dr. Lester’s Manual of Surgical Pathology, 3rd Edition offers complete, practical guidance on the evaluation of the surgical pathology specimen, from its arrival in the department to preparation of the final report. Inside, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on specimen processing, tissue handling, gross dissection technique, histological examination, application of special stains, development of a differential diagnosis, and more. This thoroughly revised New Edition integrates cutting-edge procedures well as the latest staging and classification information. Coverage of the latest standards and procedures for the laboratory and handling of surgical pathology specimens are valuable assets to pathologists, pathology assistants, and anyone working in a pathology laboratory. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online as well as all of the book’s illustrations and links to Medline.
• Features more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohistochemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
• Presents a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text that makes information easy to find.
• Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens.
• Includes useful guidance on operating room consultations, safety, microscope use, and error prevention.
• Explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
• Discusses how to avoid frequent errors and pitfalls in pathology specimen processing.
• Comes with access to expertconsult.com where you’ll find the fully searchable text and all of the book’s illustrations.
• Includes all updates from the last three revisions of the Brigham & Women’s Hospital in-house handbook, ensuring you have the best knowledge available.
“Lester (pathology, Harvard Medical School) provides a manual of surgical pathology procedures organized by body region, along with information on processing, the lab, reports, safety, errors, and special studies.
Chapter 1 Requests for Pathologic Evaluation
Chapter 2 Specimen Processing: From Gross Specimens to Tissue Cassettes
Chapter 3 The Histology Laboratory: What the Pathologist heeds to Know, from Tissue Cassettes to Glass Slides
Chapter 4 The Surgical Pathology Report: From the Glass Slide to the Final Diagnosis
Chapter 5 Consultation Reports
Chapter 6 Operating Room Consultations
Chapter 7 Special Studies
Chapter 8 Safety Precautions
Chapter 9 Microscopy and Photography
Chapter 10 Approaching Perfection: Avoiding Errors in Surgical Pathology
Chapter 11 Adrenal Gland
Chapter 12 Amputations and Large Resections
Chapter 13 Small Biopsies
Chapter 14 Bone and Joints
Chapter 15 Breast
Chapter 16 Cardiovascular Specimens
Chapter 17 Cytology Specimens
Chapter 18 Dermatopathology
Chapter 19 Gastrointestinal Specimens (Including Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Specimens}
Chapter 20 Genitourinary Specimens
Chapter 21 Gross Examination
Chapter 22 Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology
Chapter 23 Head and Neck
Chapter 24 Hernia Sac
Chapter 25 Larynx
Chapter 26 Lung and Pleura
Chapter 27 Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Bone Marrow
Chapter 28 Medical Devices and Foreign Material
Chapter 29 Neuropathology Specimens
Chapter 30 Paraganglioma
Chapter 31 Penis
Chapter 32 Soft Tissue Tumors (Sarcomas)
Chapter 33 Thymus
Chapter 34 Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=67946
نویسنده : Susan C. Lester MD PhD
ناشر : Saunders; 3 edition
سال انتشار : 2010
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 610
(ISBN) شابک : 0323065163
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $138.18
حجم فایل : 25 MB