Written specifically for the conventional medical healthcare provider, Medicinal Herbs in Primary Care forms an integral part of the primary care tool belt. Through a series of system-based disease tables, this unique title provides quick, authoritative guidance for the busy practitioner whose patient is requesting guidance on medicinal herbs. The disease tables are supported by herbal monographs that provide expanded details of the available preclinical and clinical evidence laid out in a system-based sequence. Together with the section on herbal basics, this practical reference contains the information today’s medical healthcare providers need to develop familiarity with and confidence in the prescription of medicinal herbs.
- Provides quick answers and evidence-based prescribing guidance for medicinal herbs while also addressing complexities and co-morbidities in patient care.
- Features ۴۸ system-based disease tables that identify herbs based on strength of evidence and indicate the scope of potential benefits for other conditions the patient may have.
- Includes ۵۵ monographs for the most common medicinal herbs, with safety and precaution guidelines, summaries of preclinical and clinical trials, chemical constituents and actions, and prescription options for each.
- Contains an introductory section on the basics of medicinal herbs that dispels common misconceptions regarding herbal medicine.
- Discusses key topics such as herb-drug interactions, and includes information on SARS-COV-2 where appropriate.
- Uses typical medical abbreviations throughout for ease of use, and provides a glossary of terms for non-medical and alternative health care providers.
- Helps conventional medical practitioners partner with patients to determine safe herbal options when appropriate, and ensure safety and efficacy of herbal use.
“This textbook accomplishes the goal of providing a quick resource of evidence-guided medicinal herb therapy for many healthcare providers unsure about their knowledge or skills in herbalism for particular diseases. Other detailed texts, online information, and apps are available, but the disease tables and herb monographs in this book provide a quicker way to reference helpful information for healthcare providers.” ©Doody’s Review Service, 2022, Robert Moser, MD (University of Kansas School of Medicine – Salina)
Part 1: Herbal Basics—The History, Terminology, and Unique Characteristics of Medicinal Herbs
Part 2: Disease Tables
Part 3: Herbal Monographs with References
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=373143
نویسنده : Jean M. Bokelmann MD
ناشر : Jean M. Bokelmann MD
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 664
(ISBN) شابک : 0323846769
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $57.83
حجم فایل : 15 MB