Pharmacological Classification of Drugs The aim of this book is to focus on the pharmacological classification of drugs with doses and preparations. A systematized listing of drugs according to their primary actions, mechanisms, chemical nature, clinical uses and/or other relevant characteristics is the first step to learn about them. The mental exercise to prescribe a drug for a patient starts with identifying the class of drugs to be prescribed and then selecting the specific member most appropriate for that patient according to its subclass/group/individual characteristic.
This book consists of 13 chapters that focus on drugs acting on autonomic nervous system, autacoids and related drugs, drugs for respiratory disorders, hormones and related drugs, drugs acting on peripheral (somatic) nervous system, cardiovascular drugs, drugs affecting blood, gastrointestinal drugs, antibacterial drugs, antifungal, antiviral, antiprotozoal and anthelmintic drugs, and anticancer drugs. Drug classifications have been criticised for being imprecise and arbitrary because of nonuniform criteria that have often to be adopted and frequent lack of watertight distinctions among drug groups/subgroups.
• The present user-friendly format of the booklet is intended to make it a better aid for remembering drug names, identifying the class and subclass to which they belong, and provide easy access to core prescribing information.
• Drugs classifications are presented in the form of hierarchically designed charts along with pictorial images for easy learning.
• All classifications have been updated, expanded and modified wherever necessary.
• Doses, frequency and route (s) of administration along with leading brand names of drugs and different types of dosage forms are listed after each class of drugs.
• New drugs, particularly those marketed recently, have been included.
• Single drug formulations are mainly mentioned.
• Combined drug formulations find a place wherever important or relevant.
• Listing of brand names is restricted to only 1-4 per drug.
• Synonyms and alternative names of drugs and classes of drugs are also mentioned.
• Two separate indices, one of non-proprietary (generic) names and the other of proprietary (brand) names of drugs is provided for instantaneous location of the drug or the product one is looking for.
• Useful to medical and pharmacy students as well as to practitioners.
The drug classifications are presented in the form of hierarchially designed charts. These charts create pictorial images and help memorizing. In this edition all classifications have been updated, expanded and modified where necessary.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=401034
نویسنده : KD Tripathi
ناشر : Jaypee Brothers Medical Pub; 6nd edition
سال انتشار : 2020
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 259
(ISBN) شابک : 9789352706891
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $35.80
حجم فایل : 15 MB