Using a concise, understandable approach, Principles of Pulmonary Medicine, 8th Edition, provides a broad overview of this fast-changing field, integrating clinical topics with underlying physiologic, pathophysiologic, and basic science concepts. From cover to cover, it clearly explains and illustrates even the most challenging concepts in a uniquely readable and digestible fashion. With its emphasis on pathophysiology and diagnosis as the basis for optimal management of respiratory disorders, this popular text is an essential reference for medical students, trainees, and those looking for a practical update on both acute and chronic pulmonary diseases.
- Presents physiologic concepts, pathogenetic and pathophysiologic mechanisms, and radiologic and pathologic correlates of disease in a clear, understandable manner.
- Features extensive content updates on interstitial lung disease, emerging and/or viral infections (including COVID-19), lung cancer, asthma, and new biologic and immunologic treatments available for a variety of diseases.
- Contains excellent visuals for understanding and interpreting pulmonary disease with easy-to-understand anatomic illustrations and accompanying radiologic and pathophysiologic images―now all in full color for the first time. This edition provides even more images, especially chest radiographs and CT scans, that offer more examples of clinical disorders.
- Provides therapeutic strategies, including evidence for assessing relative benefits, harms, and costs.
- Includes useful appendices that provide simplified methods for interpreting pulmonary function tests and arterial blood gases, while also presenting sample problems that test the reader’s ability to use respiratory equations, assess pulmonary function abnormalities, and interpret arterial blood gases.
- Provides access to extensive online content such as author commentaries, video clips, audio recordings of lung sounds, and over 200 case-based self-assessment questions modeled after the USMLE exam.
- Includes margin notes throughout the text that summarize the major points and concepts and allow the reader to quickly review the material.
۱. Pulmonary anatomy and physiology: The basics
۲. Presentation of the patient with pulmonary disease
۳. Evaluation of the patient with pulmonary disease
۴. Anatomic and physiologic aspects of airways
۶. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
۷. Miscellaneous airway diseases
۸. Anatomic and physiologic aspects of the pulmonary parenchyma
۹. Overview of diffuse parenchymal lung diseases
۱۰. Diffuse parenchymal lung diseases associated with known etiologic agents
۱۱. Diffuse parenchymal lung diseases of unknown etiology
۱۲. Anatomic and physiologic aspects of the pulmonary vasculature
۱۳. Pulmonary embolism
۱۴. Pulmonary hypertension
۱۵. Pleural disease
۱۶. Mediastinal disease
۱۷. Anatomic and physiologic aspects of neural, muscular, and chest wall interactions with the lungs
۱۸. Disorders of ventilatory control
۱۹. Disorders of the respiratory pump
۲۰. Lung cancer: Etiologic and pathologic aspects
۲۱. Lung cancer: Clinical aspects
۲۲. Lung defense mechanisms
۲۴. Bacterial and viral organisms causing pneumonia
۲۵. Tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacteria
۲۶. Miscellaneous infections caused by fungi, including Pneumocystis
۲۷. Pulmonary complications in the immunocompromised host
۲۸. Classification and pathophysiologic aspects of respiratory failure
۲۹. Acute respiratory distress syndrome
۳۰. Management of respiratory failure
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=375767
نویسنده : Steven E. Weinberger MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 8th edition
سال انتشار : 2024
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 387 بدون ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323880568
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $70.37
حجم فایل : 30 MB