The Textbook of Lifestyle Medicine provides foundational knowledge essential to students and scientists across various disciplines to better understand this new area of research and practice. Incorporating the latest evidence-based research on the relationships between lifestyle factors and disease, this unique book discusses the practical tools necessary to address growing public health crises such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease using a holistic approach to physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.
The book offers comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of how lifestyle medicine professionals can prevent and mitigate ‘Lifestyle Diseases’. Clear and accessible chapters explore modifiable lifestyle factors that positively affect health, nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress control, and social support, and highlight the negative impact of smoking, alcohol abuse, and other unhealthy lifestyles. Topics include sleep physiology, the genetic background and development of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs), the characteristics and principles of healthy lifestyle, the clinical significance of physical activity, and the mechanisms connecting social interaction and health implications. This important resource:
- Discusses the global burden and risk factors of the modern disease epidemic
- Covers a variety of nutritional approaches including the Mediterranean Diet and the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet
- Features in-depth coverage of the Mediterranean Lifestyle, a holistic approach to health and wellness
- Includes a clinical practice section and appendices on preventive medicine and public health tools and recommendations
- Contains key points, take-home messages, self-assessment questions, color artwork and numerous references, citations, internet links, and further reading suggestions
Written by two world experts in this growing field, the Textbook of Lifestyle Medicine is a must-have volume for students and practitioners in nutrition, exercise physiology, psychology, addiction therapy, sleep therapy, as well as physicians, nurses, and other health professionals wanting to expand their knowledge and practice.
The Textbook of Lifestyle Medicine by the respected biomedical scientists Labros Sidossis and Stephanos N. Kales has been long awaited and is most welcome. New knowledge has confirmed the wisdom of the third branch of Hippocratic Medicine, Dietetics (Diet =way of life) and has revealed the biological basis of ancient promptings for a healthy lifestyle.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=386386
نویسنده : Labros S. Sidossis
ناشر : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 285
(ISBN) شابک : 1119704421
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $74.00
حجم فایل : 5 MB