The ability to effectively assess cognitive and other behavioral functions is an essential skill for neurologists, psychiatrists, geriatricians, nurses, and other clinicians who perform clinic and bedside examinations. Unique in the field, The Mental Status Examination Handbook is a user-friendly, comprehensive resource that provides practical guidance on cognitive assessment, clarifies mental status testing procedures, and assists with decision making for neuropsychological referrals. This detailed manual draws from the full history of behavioral neurology testing, making the complex and challenging area of cognitive assessment accessible for both students and practitioners.
- Offers guidance on how to choose and perform a large number of mental status tests, with information on selected test materials and normative values.
- Covers the bedside evaluation of arousal, attention, memory, language, perception, executive abilities, and other cognitive and behavioral areas.
- Provides an authoritative assessment and compendium of commonly used mental status scales, inventories and questionnaires.
- Describes relevant correlations with formal neuropsychological testing, neuroimaging, and neuropsychiatric disease.
- Explains how to weigh, use, and understand mental status scales and neuropsychological instruments.
- Discusses the meaning of cognitive symptoms and signs, and their neuroanatomical and neuropathological correlations.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Principles of Mental Status Testing
Chapter 3 Common Clinical Disorders Affecting Mental Status Testing
Chapter 4 Essential Behavioral Neuroanatomy
Chapter 5 Overview of the Mental Status Examination
Chapter 6 The Neurobehavioral History and Behavioral Observations
Chapter 7 Arousal, Attention, and Other Fundamental Functions
Chapter 8 Language and Speech
Chapter 9 Memory and Semantic Knowledge
Chapter 10 Constructional, Perceptual, and Spatial Abilities
Chapter 11 Praxis and Related Cortical Movement Abnormalities
Chapter 12 Calculations and Related Functions
Chapter 13 Executive Operations and Abilities
Chapter 14 The Neurological Behavioral Examination
Chapter 15 Overview of Scales and Inventories
Chapter 16 General Mental Status Scales, Rating Instruments, and Behavior Inventories
Chapter 17 Overview of Neuropsychological Testing
Chapter 18 Tele-Neurobehavior and Computerized Cognitive Tests
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=363304
نویسنده : Mario F. Mendez
ناشر : Elsevier; 1st edition
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 283
(ISBN) شابک : 0323694896
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $89.99
حجم فایل : 14 MB