Utilize a problem-oriented approach to the diagnosis of diseases of horses, cattle, sheep, and goats. Large Animal Internal Medicine, 6th Edition covers the diagnosis and management of disease in both ruminant and equine internal medicine. As the first veterinary internal medicine text to use a problem-based approach, it offers discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations, as well as comprehensive coverage of laboratory and diagnostic testing. New to this edition is a versatile online reference platform and coverage of conditions that exist in Europe, Central and South America, Australia, and New Zealand. In addition, thoroughly revised and updated content includes new vaccines and vaccination protocols; the most current laboratories for DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers. It’s everything you need to stay up to date with the latest information on preventing and treating disease in large animals.
- Discussions of over 150 clinical signs or manifestations of disease provide you with a problem-based approach to diagnosis based on what you’ve observed and what laboratory tests reveal.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes offer quick access to the common, less common, and uncommon diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes highlight the possible interpretations of abnormalities in clinical chemistry, hematology, blood proteins, and clotting tests.
- More than 200 expert authors contribute information in their areas of expertise for the most current, authoritative information on each topic.
- NEW! Expert Consult platform provides a versatile digital resource including bonus content, useful references, and videos to meet the needs of practicing equine and large animal veterinarians.
- NEW! Global conditions of importance are covered, including those previously not discussed, that exist in Europe, Central and South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- NEW! Coverage of emerging and re-emerging diseases includes the new pathogen discovery.
- NEW! Assessment of vaccination status and susceptibility to infection discusses how antibody titers can predict protection for some pathogens.
- NEW! Description of epigenetics and metagenomics provides detailed coverage of these emerging areas of interest.
- NEW! Table of zoonoses obtained from large animals includes symptoms and disinfection needs.
- NEW! Videos demonstrate how to perform ultrasound imaging on an equine and cow abdomen clearly showing where to position the probe, and what depth to use for scans of the kidneys, liver, and bowel.
- NEW! Coverage of genetic disorders, Hydrocephalus in Fresians and Pulmonary hypoplasia with Anasarca in Dexter cattle help you to treat these disorders.
- NEW! Extensively updated content clarifies the latest research and clinical findings on the West Nile Virus, therapeutic drug monitoring, muscle disorders, GI microbiota, the genetic basis for Immune-mediated myositis in Quarter Horses, discoveries in antimicrobial drugs, anthelmintic, and vaccines, and more!
۱. Ruminant History, Physical Examination, and Records
۲. Equine History, Physical Examination, Records, and Recognizing Abuse or Neglect in Patients
۴. Alterations in Body Temperature
۵. Alterations in Respiratory Function
۶. Alterations in Cardiovascular and Hemolymphatic Systems
۷. Alterations in Alimentary and Hepatic Function
۸. Localization and Differentiation of Neurologic Diseases
۹. Alterations in Body Weight or Size
۱۰. Alterations in Urinary Function
۱۱. Alterations in the Skin
۱۲. Alterations in Sexual Function
۱۳. Musculoskeletal Abnormalities
۱۴. Collapse and Sudden Death
۱۵. The Equine Peripartum Period
۱۶. Assessment of the Newborn Foal
۱۷. Manifestations and Management of Disease in Neonatal Foals
۱۸. The Peripartum Ruminant
۱۹. Initial Management and Clinical Investigation of Neonatal Ruminants
۲۰. Manifestations and Management of Disease in Neonatal Ruminants
۲۱. Colostrum and Milk Replacers
۲۲. Clinical Chemistry Tests
۲۳. Collection and Submission of Samples for Hematologic and Cytologic Studies
۲۴. Alterations in the Erythron
۲۵. Alterations in the Leukogram
۲۶. Alterations in Blood Proteins
۲۷. Alterations in Hemostasis
۲۸. Collection and Analysis of Bone Marrow
۲۹. Molecular Diagnostics
۳۰. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
۳۱. Diseases of the Respiratory System
۳۲. Diseases of the Alimentary Tract
۳۳. Diseases of Hepatobiliary System
۳۴. Diseases of the Renal System
۳۵. Diseases of the Nervous System
۳۶. Mammary Gland Health
۳۷. Diseases of the Hematopoietic and Hemolymphatic Systems
۳۸. Diseases of the Bones, Joints, and Connective Tissues
۳۹. Diseases of the Eye
۴۰. Diseases of the Skin
۴۱. Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases
۴۲. Diseases of Muscle
۴۳. Diseases of the Reproductive System
۴۴. Critical Care and Fluid Therapy
۴۵. Rational Antimicrobial Therapy
۴۶. Biosecurity and Infection Control
۴۷. Prevention, Detection, and Response to Transboundary (Foreign) Animal Diseases
۴۸. Use of Biologics in the Prevention of Infectious Diseases
۴۹. Parasite Control Programs
۵۰. Nutrition of the Sick Animal
۵۱. Genetic Disorders
۵۲. Genetic Tests for Large Animals
۵۳. Immunologic Disorders
۵۴. Disorders Caused by Toxicants
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=176736
نویسنده : Bradford P. Smith DVM
ناشر : Mosby; 6th edition
سال انتشار : 2020
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 2279
(ISBN) شابک : 0323554458
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $228.78
حجم فایل : $228.78