Treat the diseases affecting large animals! Veterinary Medicine, 11th Edition provides up-to-date information on the diseases of horses, cattle, sheep, goats, and pigs. Comprehensive coverage includes the principles of clinical examination and making a diagnosis, along with specific therapy recommendations. For easier use, this edition has been divided into two volumes and restructured into a logical, anatomically based approach to disease. From internationally known veterinary experts Peter Constable, Kenneth Hinchcliff, Stanley Done, and Walter Grünberg, this book is the definitive, one-stop reference for farm animal and equine care.
- Comprehensive coverage includes information essential to any large-animal veterinarian, especially those working with horses, cattle, sheep, goats, or pigs.
- Coverage of diseases addresses major large-animal diseases of all countries, including foreign animal and emerging diseases.
- User-friendly format makes it easier to quickly absorb key information.
- Quick review/synopsis sections make important information on complex diseases easy to find.
- NEW! Convenient, easy-access format is organized by organ systems, and divides the content into two compact volumes with the same authoritative coverage.
- Nearly 200 new color photographs and line drawings are included in this edition.
- NEW full-color design improves navigation, clarifies subject headings, and includes more boxes, tables, and charts for faster Veterinary Medicine reference.
- New Diseases Primarily Affecting the Reproductive System chapter is added.
- Updated and expanded chapter on pharmacotherapy lists therapeutic interventions and offers treatment boxes and principles of antibiotic use.
- Expanded sections on herd health include biosecurity and infection control, and valuable Strength of Evidence boxes.
- NEW or extensively revised sections include topics such as the Schmallenberg and Bluetongue viral epidemics of ruminants in Europe, Wesselbron disease in cattle, hypokalemia in adult cattle, equine multinodular pulmonary fibrosis, Hendra virus infection, porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome, torque teno virus, and numerous recently identified congenital and inherited disorders of large animals.
- Additional content is provided on lameness in cattle and the diseases of cervids.
۱ Clinical Examination and Making a Diagnosis
۲ Examination of the Population
۳ Biosecurity and Infection Control
۴ General Systemic States
۵ Disturbances of Free Water, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Oncotic Pressure
۶ Practical Antimicrobial Therapeutics
۷ Diseases of the Alimentary Tract
۸ Diseases of the Alimentary Tract-Ruminant
۹ Diseases of the Liver
۱۰ Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
۱۱ Diseases of the Hemolymphatic and Immune Systems
۱۲ Diseases of the Respiratory System
۱۳ Diseases of the Urinary System
۱۴ Diseases of the Nervous System
۱۵ Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
۱۶ Diseases of the Skin, Eye, Conjunctiva, and External Ear
۱۷ Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases
۱۸ Diseases Primarily Affecting the Reproductive System
۱۹ Perinatal Diseases
۲۰ Diseases of the Mammary Gland
۲۱ Systemic and Multi-Organ Diseases
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=373107
نویسنده : Peter D. Constable BVSc MS PhD
ناشر : Saunders Ltd.; 11th edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 2356
(ISBN) شابک : 9780702052460
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $186.48
حجم فایل : 40 MB