Learn how to conduct a patient-centered health history and physical examination! Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination: An Interprofessional Approach, ۱۰th Edition takes a uniquely interprofessional collaborative approach to health assessment, with a strong emphasis on lifespan considerations and differential diagnosis of unexpected findings. Each core chapter is organized into four sections ― Anatomy and Physiology, Review of Related History, Examination and Findings, and Abnormalities ― with lifespan content integrated into each area. Written by a team of nurse practitioners and physicians, this one-of-a-kind textbook uses evidence-based guidelines to help you master hands-on exam techniques as well as communication skills that build rapport and trust with the patient.
- UNIQUE! Interprofessional collaborative approach is written by two advanced practice nurses and three physicians, providing balanced expertise in both pediatric and adult-geriatric health.
- UNIQUE! Integrated lifespan content provides separate sections in each chapter for Infants and Children, Adolescents, Pregnant Patients, and Older Adults.
- UNIQUE! Compassionate, patient-centered approach emphasizes developing good communication skills, use of effective hands-on examination techniques, and reliance on clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making skills.
- UNIQUE! Strong emphasis on social inclusiveness and patient-centeredness incorporates LGBTQ+ patients and providers, with special emphasis on cultural competency, history taking, and special considerations for examination of the breasts, female and male genitalia, reproductive health, thyroid, and the anus/rectum/prostate.
- UNIQUE! Cross-references to Dains’ Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Carehelp you take the next step in clinical reasoning and also develop diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Differential Diagnosis tables are provided throughout the text.
- Clinical Pearls offer insights and practical, real-world expertise.
- Evolve website includes assessment video clips, animations, review questions, performance checklists, and more.
- NEW! 60 new illustrations and new videos include 30 drawings and 30 photos in the textbook, along with 15 new health assessment videos (including The Head-to-Toe Exam and Navigating the EMR) provided free on the Evolve website with every new copy of the textbook.
- NEW! Updated content includes human trafficking screening, genetics and genomics, Healthy People 2030 guidelines, and a new mnemonics quick reference inside the back cover.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised The Patient Record chapter is refocused to reflect the EMR’s benefits (such as order entry, clinical decision support, and linkages to lab results) and how to overcome challenges (such as poor patient experience and the need to be careful about what is written in the record).
- NEW! Updated LGBTQ+ considerations (e.g., health screening considerations) and cultural content throughout reflect a current understanding of and greater sensitivity to these often underserved patient populations.
- NEW Think About… boxes direct you to next steps when you see particular clusters of findings.
- NEW Unexpected Findings icon helps beginning practitioners differentiate common normal variations from abnormalities that might warrant follow-up.
Use the uniquely interprofessional, patient-centered, lifespan approach to physical examination and health assessment
۱. Cultural Competency
۲. The History and Interviewing Process
۳. Examination Techniques and Equipment
۴. Taking the Next Steps : Clinical Reasoning
۵. The Health Record
۶. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment
۷. Mental Status
۸. Growth and Nutrition
۹. Skin, Hair, and Nails
۱۰. Lymphatic System
۱۱. Head and Neck
۱۳. Ears, Nose, and Throat
۱۴. Chest and Lungs
۱۶. Blood Vessels
۱۷. Breasts and Axillae
۱۹. Female Genitalia
۲۰. Male Genitalia
۲۱. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
۲۲. Musculoskeletal System
۲۳. Neurologic System
۲۴. Putting It All Together
۲۵. Sports Participation Evaluation
۲۶. Emergency or Life-Threatening Situations
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=322942
نویسنده : Jane W. Ball RN DrPH CPNP
ناشر : Elsevier; 10th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 702 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323761836
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $111.99
حجم فایل : 180 MB